Join Our Live Virtual Experiences
*INVITE CODE: soazconnected
Having trouble logging in or need help registering? Call the 24/7 toll free number at 833- 299- 1449
We are now offering a whole suite of live experiences using our new platform partner, televëda. As the pandemic has unfolded over the past few weeks, our leadership team has worked very hard to find ways to strike a balance between safety and socialization. And through SOAZ Connected, we have found a critical tool: online and interactive programming!
At SOAZ, we have always had a robust calendar of incredible programs for you all, and we do not want the level of socialization or engagement to drop during the lockdown or ever again, including during the hot summer months we endure here in Arizona.
Now you will all have the opportunity to experience live programs from virtual Bingo to practicing Chair Yoga to gracefully flowing with focused breathing through Tai Chi and feeling relaxed through Zen mindfulness to SOAZ Dance. We will experience all these AMAZING classes, meet with each other and have a whole lot of fun and not to mention give high-fives — all from the safety and comfort of our living rooms!
SOAZ is one of the only Special Olympic chapters across the World that is able to continue its community events and experience uninterrupted.
We are thrilled to be able to bring these AWESOME experiences to you all!
Health & Fitness
Rocket League, Fortnite, Minecraft, Madden, NHL, FIFA, NBA 2k20, and more to come!
Presenting…Epic Esports Event!
Previous eSports Tournaments
Watch the live streamed Rocket League Tournament from Saturday, April 25th!
What is Rocket League? Check it out! 👇
Below are some resources and activities that have been put together for our community to access during this trying time.
- eLearning Course: With the help of athletes and Program Staff, a 30-minute eLearning course has been developed for our Special Olympics community about COVID-19. This course is designed to cover the basic information about the coronavirus (COVID-19) including: what is the coronavirus, what are the symptoms, how does it spread, and how you can protect yourself. We encourage the entire Special Olympics community to complete this module at learn.specialolympics.org Please see instructions for accessing this course.
- Young Athletes
- Family Flash Cards. Fun and engaging flashcards featuring each of the individual activities and at home equipment modifications for families to use at home to run Young Athletes.
- Young Athletes At Home. Guide for families and caregivers on how to run Young Athletes activities at home.
- Young Athletes Videos. Videos demonstrating the individual Young Athletes activities.
- Healthy Play at Home. Poster for families to track the various healthy behaviors they do at home.
- Tips for talking to children about Coronavirus 2019 from CDC and UNICEF.
- Fit 5 Resources Series
- Fit 5 Guide: Educational guide and tracker for athletes to focus on fitness.
- Fitness Cards: A series of leveled exercises in endurance, strength and flexibility. These cards can be done at home and with little equipment.
- Fitness Videos: Videos portraying the exercises in the fitness cards. Athletes can follow along with the videos to get a great workout!
- Staying Fit at Home: simple week-long calendar that athletes can follow to stay fit. Week-long calendar can be repeated as needed. Athletes can sign up on the link in the resource to receive newsletter with content from Health Messengers to for tips and ideas on how to stay active.
- Fit 5 Resources Series
Thank you for your patience and understanding. This is uncharted territory and we appreciate your support as we work to make the best decisions for our athletes and everyone in the SOAZ community.