|County||Community Transmission||Practice Delivery Model|
|La Paz||MODERATE||PHASE 2|
|Santa Cruz||LOW||PHASE 3|
*Last updated 05/06/2021
Special Olympics Arizona’s top priority is the health and safety of our athletes, partners, coaches, volunteers, parents/guardians, staff, and all members of the SOAZ community. The purpose of this document is to lay out, in detail, the steps we must all take to Return to Activities in the safest way possible given the circumstances surrounding COVID-19.
We are following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Arizona State Department of Health (AZDHS) as well as input from our constituents in order to establish this approach. We have also surveyed our coaches/volunteers to collect feedback on the safety & prevention protocols included in our Return to Activities strategy. Please be aware that SOAZ may need to update/modify these protocols as conditions continue to change across our state, country, and the globe. We ask for your continued patience and understanding as we work through this unprecedented time together. Our athletes need us now more than ever!
As you read through this document, please take time to familiarize yourself with the varying guidelines listed in each phase of the Return to Activities strategy as they establish the framework for safely returning to sports practices. While there are some similarities between phases, each comes with its own specific measures geared towards easing our way back into activities slowly and methodically. This is a marathon, not a sprint! We are counting on our coaches & volunteers to help us in returning to activities safely. THANK YOU for all that you do to support our athletes and the continued success of SOAZ.
- All Class A Volunteers (HODs, coaches, team volunteers & chaperones, GMT, etc.) are required to complete the COVID19 Safety & Prevention Measures Certification Course prior to returning to sports practices or attending any other in-person Special Olympics activities
- This 90-minute certification course will include the following two parts:
- For more information on how to register for this course, please contact Ryan Betcher at Ryan@SpecialOlympicsArizona.org
In order to be eligible to return to sports practices or attend any other in-person Special Olympics activities, ALL participants (Special Olympics athletes, Unified partners, HODs, coaches, team volunteers & chaperones, GMT, etc.) are required to:
- Complete the COVID19 Participant Risk Assessment AND
- Have a signed COVID19 Code of Conduct on file with SOAZ